One more day!

Our departure to Nicaragua is right around the corner! We are leaving Saturday morning so we are using today to prepare for the trip and finish packing. Later on today we are having a meeting in order to revisit expectations for the trip and make sure everyone is all set to go.

I am super excited to go back. I went on the Bucknell Brigade to Nicaragua in 2016 during the spring semester of my sophomore year and I have found myself missing it ever since. My trip to Nicaragua was life-changing and I discovered my passion for travel and service as a result. The rich culture present all throughout the country is captivating and the connections I made with people there have stuck with me to this day. I am so happy and fortunate to have the opportunity to return on the Brigade as a co-leader because it provides me with another opportunity to do service and give back to a community that has helped me on my personal journey to self-growth and discovery. I am especially looking forward to traveling with this group because there are people that come from all walks of life, which will lead to meaningful discussion, engagement, and active service.

During our time on the trip we will be blogging so be sure to check back here for updates throughout the week! For more information on what is happening in Nicaragua, be sure to check out the Fall 2017 Nicaragua Newsletter:

Bucknell Brigade Fall 2017 Newsletter

Nica Love,

Maha